New Releases That I Have My Eyes On:

Half of the year has flown by: I worked a tiny bit on my TBR pile and thus I have acquired the right to buy new books again. This marks the perfect opportunity to have a look at what new book releases become available in the second half of 2018.


While browsing Goodreads, these four books have caught my attention:


Someday

by David Levithan 

"Someday" continues the story of "Every Day" - you can find a full review here  - which continues the premise that A wakes up in a different body every day and leads a different life. And yet, they are a unique person. All their life, A thought that they were the only person to live like this. However, they are wrong - there are others who lead a life like this as well.

While I had little to no interest in the second part of the "Evey Day" series - because "Another Day" just recycles the first story from a different point of view - "Someday" has caught my attention because it promises to continue the story and setting. In the first book, Reverend Poole hinted that there may be others like A. Then Rhiannon has been set up with a new crush and one wonders how the relationship developed. Meanwhile, I look forward to exploring the new developments to the story.

Publication date: October 2018
Add on Goodreads 


What If It's Us

by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera

Arthur is in New York for one summer only and he is convinced that the universe would offer him the chance of his own Broadway like summer romance. Meanwhile, Ben thinks that the universe should f**k off while he bumps into Arthur carrying his ex-boyfriend's belongings to the post office.

It was only an accidental meeting one time, but then they bump into each other again ... but what if Arthur tries too hard, and Ben does not? And even worse, what if life is not actually a Broadway musical?

My first reaction to reading the blurb of "What If It's Us" was "sounds gay and cute, gotta have." That sealed the deal. I think that there is a tragic lack of fluffy LGBT+ literature, so fingers crossed that this book can soothe my soul!

Publication date: October 2018
Add on Goodreads 


Lies Sleeping 

by Ben Aaronovitch

The seventh part of the Rivers of London Slash Peter Grand series! This time it's not half a story that is meant to help you pass the time between two books. Instead, the main plot is continued.

In "Lies Sleeping" The Faceless Man is unmasked and is wanted for murder, fraud, and crimes against humanity. In order to take him down and save London, Peter has to reunite with Lesley May - who had brutally betrayed him in the past ...

I am a big fan of Rivers of London and while a bad translation into German had almost caused me to lose interest, I am happy that I kept reading because these books are always exciting, and yet, manage to bring a typical cockney humour to the story - side note: it gets lost in translation.

"Added to cart ✔"

Publication date: November 2018
Add on Goodreads

My Almost Flawless Tokyo Dream Life

by Rachel Cohn 

Elle is an American foster child, who discovers that her long-lost father is one of the richest hotel moguls in Japan. Not only that, but her father wants her to come and live in Tokyo with him. Thus, Elle literally goes from rag to riches and everything seems to be too perfect. At least until she meets her enigmatic father, her way-too-gab aunt and the hyper-critical grandmother. The tension is high, and it gets even worse when she starts to crush on a boy with whose family her own had frozen out ...

Reading the blurb, this book would usually not peak my interest. However, for one reason or another (Shush, don't tell them why, Laura) I really want to read a simple read that is staged in Tokyo. "My Almost Flawless Tokyo Dream Life" look promising for filling this gap.

Publication date: December 2018
Add on Goodreads


Which new releases are you looking forward to? 

22 comments :

  1. Gonna check this tokyo book😍🤗

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of any of these. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just received an ARC of What It It's Us, I'm looking forwrad to it, I've already got a copy of Albertalli's Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda, I'm not sure which to read first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. uuurrrg, I am not jealous. Not at all ... :p

      Delete
  4. I'm not sure how to make my profile not private.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wait I managed it! P.S. sorry for the spam, those two above this are mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of any of these novels, will have to check them out! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Almsot Flawless Tokyo Dream life sounds too cute! I’m definitely adding it to the tbr and seeing if I can find an early copy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had been eyeing that Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera book too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all new to me. I'll have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good set of books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Lies Sleeping" looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got my eye on 'What if it's us' too. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved Everyday by David Levithan! I read it so long ago that I lost track and didn't even know there was a sequel. I'm going to have to check this one out :) Thanks for sharing and adding it to my radar.

    Megan - Ginger Mom and the Kindle Quest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. I read it in Spring - I think, but it had been on my TBR much longer.

      Delete
  14. What a lovely post! ‘Every day’ and ‘Some day’ seems like really good books! Definitely my kind of read ☺️
    www.beautynbrushes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. I recently posted a look ahead to the second half of the year too; lots TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great picks I have heard about some of these books but the other books I have not heard about them until now. I hope you enjoy every books on your list when you get the chance to read them, thank you so much for sharing your awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading! I'll be sure to write a review about each :)

      Delete

Copyright © floralcars.