How To Be Bad:
A Christian, a sassy friend, and the new girl go on a road trip ... what could go wrong?

Everything!



But let's rewind for a moment: "How To Be Bad" is a young adult novel written by three ladies: E. Lockhart, Lauren Myracle and Sarah Mlynowski. Each has picked one of the main characters and writes the story from her point of view.

In the story Jesse, Vicks, and Mel could not be different from each other: Jesse is very religious, so much that she gets upset if people use the word "ass" or say "oh my god!" in wonder. Then we have her best friend Vicks who is almost the opposite, she is sassy, wild and over confident. Add Mel, the shy girl who has just moved here and is shamelessly rich - which does not help her awkward status in the group.

What they have in common, is that they all want to get away from Niceville. They have almost the same reason as well: forget their lives, and the mess in it. Suddenly, they decided to go on a road trip together!

This leads to a plot that takes you through the ups and downs of the trip. There is love, fighting, and a duck that needed saving from alligators. These 300 pages are action packed and while it would have been very easy to hype the drama, the authors have managed to keep it realistic. Since you are "stuck" in the mind of the other teenager every other chapter, you can tell far better what motivates them, and where the miscommunication is happening.

Furthermore, "How To Be Bad" is an easy to read, and I have finished it after four days. I often read 100 pages in one sitting because I never found the perfect opportunity to put the book down. I just wanted to know when all the secrets were going to come out, and if they work together by the end of the trip, or if it ends with Vicks trying to hitch a ride because the two girls left her behind.

"How To Be Bad" is a book you can really enjoy, it's an easy read that isn't too cheesy and not too dramatic. It is the perfect balance of everything you want from a book.



How To Be Bad by E. LockhartLauren MyracleSarah Mlynowisky
Published:2015 by Hot Key Books
Pages: 321
ISBN:978-1-4714-0484-9


9 comments :

  1. Need to add this to my 'To Read' List Xx

    http://hebahpervaiz.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great book! I've never heard of it before but I've read other E Lockhart books! I'm intrigued by the representation of a religious teen as that is something which I think is sorely lacking in YA! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I want to try other E. Lockhart books now thanks to this book :)

      Delete
  3. I really like the idea and sound of this book! That's really cool for each author to write as a different character, I think that's a great idea and would really add to the way the story is written!
    PaleGirlRambling xo
    http://palegirlrambling.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked this idea too. Especially since it really gets the different voices of the characters across. I can only recommend it!

      Delete
  4. You got me at the title. Sounds like a great book! I am currently reading the serpent essex, although i find it quite hard to read so i might take a little break and read something else xx corinne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard many people talk about this book but after reading your post it's been instantly added to my TBR pile! I am very interested and looking forward!

    acupofwonderland.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I could win you over, I hope you're going to enjoy it as much as I did

      Delete
  6. I hadn't heard of this book before, it sounds so good though! Definitely will have to go check this out and read it. I love when you can't put a book down because you just want to read more and find out more!

    Amy,
    https://creativenails.uk

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © floralcars.