How A Positive Vibes Jar Can Help To Keep Your Spirit High

Life is an up and down. Good moments are balanced with bad moments. However, when you are going through a phase of bad days, it seems never-ending and the world has nothing to offer but mediocre black and white moments playing on repeat.

In the past, I wrote about how writing down one positive thing that happened during the day can help in creating a more optimistic and positive mind-set. While this is a steady and slow progress, there is also another way to remind you that the world is not all that stupid and bad when excrement hits the ventilator: a positive vibes jar.

What Is A Positive Vibes Jar? 


While this sounds quite edgy and hipster, it is relatively simple and works with the same principle as writing down a happy thing that has happened during the day. The difference is that this time, you're going to write everything good that comes your way down and place it in a jar.

What you need for this is quite simple: a big enough jar, you can use an old jam jar or the ones in which you can buy vegetable stock. Then a pencil or various pencils of your choice along with paper of your choice.

While it is possible to create a colourful spectacle in the jar, if you use recycled paper and the same black pen - it only makes an aesthetic change.

Once you have your tools in hand the tough work begins. You write down what made you happy that day. This doesn't have to be a big life changing thing, small and humble joys can make the list as well. Maybe the sky looked especially pretty in the morning today. Thus, it deserves a spot in the jar. Then you had an enjoyable bike ride - there is another spot. It could be travelling to a certain place, cuddling the cat, listening to a good song ... Literally anything that has caused you to smile during the day is going to end up on a slip of paper and then you store it in the jar for save-keeping.

This way, you are going to have a jar full of little reminders that make you happy. A jar full of positive vibes!

What Use Is It? 


When you have a day in which the worlds seems only grey and it's more getting through it than enjoying things, you can always reach for the jar and remember the little things that make you happy. One time, I just needed a reminder that I am really enthusiastic about petting goats, and the jar is a great help to achieve this.

Obviously, this method has its limits - when you are seriously depressed, it does little to help you. However, when it's a streak of stressful days stacked next to each other, it helps to get a small smile on your lips and think "yes, maybe I should go pet a few goats again" or recall the great time you had during your last holiday. Even if it's only seeing the beauty in the morning sun again.

11 comments :

  1. I saw this idea on Pinterest a while back and pinned it but (typically) haven't done anything about it yet... I love the idea of a jar that you can dip in and out of at will. A bit like pot luck, you never know what you're going to get to help lift your mood. Thank you for writing this post, it's a timely reminder for me! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful, I adore it! You've made me want to make one for myself. Thank you so much for sharing, this is such a great thing! 🌸💜

    With love, Alisha Valerie x | www.alishavalerie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Please give it a go :)

      Delete
  3. I love this idea! I already keep two gratitude journals (one specifically for work and one for my personal life). This would be a great thing to try with my boyfriend. We can both add our happy moments to the jar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about trying out a gratitude journal, but I am afraid I might struggle with it a lot : /

      Delete
  4. I love this idea! Sometimes I do just get days where everything feels meh, but I really like the thought of having something just to help lift you from that mood and get you back in the swing of things. Lovely thought - and great post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely idea. It's definitely a great way to look back on the good things that have happened. I need something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely idea. You could get really creative with the jar itself too. I've had an awful weekend where I could definitely have used one of these!

    Jenny
    http://www.jennyinneverland.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! It's such a simple task and would take next to no time at all. I think it would be lovely to do before bed to end your day on a positive thought x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © floralcars.