Travel ABC: Where To Go To From F to J?

Each of us has a list of places, cities, and mountain passes that they want to visit one day. Usually, this is known as a "travel bucket list". The other day, I sat on the sofa, twiddling my thumbs and looking at mine when I started to wonder if I'd be able to fill the whole Latin alphabet with places that I'd like to visit.

After a bit of thumb twiddling, I managed to find five destination that covered A to E, but what does my heart demand for F to J?

F: Fucking


What can I say, other than that I am a child and you need small silly things to get you through life with a smile on your face. The small Austrian town of Fucking is one of those things.

It is a picturesque town near the German/Austrian border, and consisted of only 91 people in 2001. It already had the honour of being the headline in a satire magazine, a tiny flock of tourists stopping there every year, and being part of a "The Grand Tour" episode, and has been on my bucket list since years ... 

G: Gerlos Alpine Road


When one of these lists lacks an alpine road, you will know that I lost my will to live.

Unlike the Großglockner Hochalpenstraße, the Gerlos Alpine Road is, for one, less of a mouthful, and second, open all year around. It is even run by the same company that treat the Großglockner High Alpine Road with love, and as it turns out not too far away from it would I be a bird. By car, you need to add a little to your travel time.

A mountain road is not the only thing that the Gerlos Alpine Road has to offer, the Krimml Waterfalls are there, and it is a popular place for hiking, and skiing in winter. On top of this, it can be easily combined to another trip of the Großglockner ... a tick that just waits to be made. 


H: Hạ Long Bay


... is a UNESCO World Heritage site that belongs to Hạ Long City, and it is truly beautiful and astonishing.

Hạ Long Bay is not just a simply beach, it consists of many grottos and even has permanent inhabitants that live in four fishing villages that float in the bay. This is, as far as I am concerned, one of the coolest things I ever read. 

I: Ingolstadt 


I was very close to giving the letter away to Indianapolis until its wikipedia article claimed that the Indy500 is a bigger event than Le Mans ... and no, just no ... Thus, I decided that I should go with Audi City instead: Ingolstadt.

And yet, Ingolstadt does have a tiny snag: I have been there this summer.

While road tripping to Stuttgart - in order to ogle at the Porsche Museum and watch at pretty LMP1 cars on display - I decided that I should stay in theme and take on the hour-long detour in order to stop at Audi Museum as well - again, in order to look at even more LMP1 cars, which is exactly what I've done.

As it turned out while I rolled down the Autobahn, Ingolstadt offers more than the home of Audi. There is a beautiful inner city that is worth a look at - which I hadn't been able to ogle at in the summer. Time to catch up, I'd say!


J: Jamaica 


9 comments :

  1. Can't say any of the others are on our list but we'll be hitting Hạ Long Bay in 5-6 weeks time, just for one day. As it stands, still haven't got a clue what we're going to do while we're there but I'm sure the scenery alone will make the trip worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so jealous! I hope you're going to make a great photo post out of it. :D

      Delete
  2. Ooh I love this!
    I'd never heard of that little Austrian town before but it gave me a chuckle.
    Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that it did. I am still giggling because of it.

      Delete
  3. F made me laugh! There's such a great variety of locations here and I've never been to any of them! Ha Long Bay sounds lovely and I really hope you enjoy your (eventual) trip to Audi City x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Maybe you'll get to visit Ha Long Bay one day too :)

      Delete
  4. Glad you enjoyed it and that it made you giggle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Lol at F! I absolutely love Jamaica, it's one of my favorite places. The beaches are incredible and the vibe is awesome.
    xoxo Ros (ZenHealth.net)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to tell me more about Jamaica!

      Delete

Copyright © floralcars.