A Cosy Read For The Christmas Time 🎄❄️☃️

Let It Snow is a collection of three stories, each written by a different author: John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle. The common Christmas theme is not the only thing that these stories share.

The first story "The Jubilee Express" follows Jubilee who has to leave on short notice to go to Florida. However, her train gets stuck in a snowdrift. With nowhere else to go she gets out of the train and ends up in a waffle house in Gracetown.

This town also becomes important in John Green's story "A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle," in which a group of friends are having an adventure in order to reach the waffle house during the stormy night.

Meanwhile, the last story "The Patron Saint of Pigs" by Lauren Myracle takes place in Gracetown on the next day and tells the story of Addie, who is heartbroken and trying to find her new self. Yes, the pig part also play a role that makes sense.

The story I enjoyed the most was "The Jubilee Express" by Maureen Johnson. She created a story that had amusing parts, and added really sweet parts. She managed to add just the tiny amount of thrill needed. She got the balance just right. I know that in my hearts of hearts I should probably be revolted by such a cheesy story but in the end I found myself pining along, and hadn't I been in public at the time I would have "whooped."

This is not to say that the other stories were bad in comparison. Each one took me along on a trip, while I was literally shouting out loud "oh my god, she's in love with you, you dumbbell" - this time in private - when reading Green's story, I was left fascinated by the character development in "The Patron Saint of Pigs" which had funny elements as well.

These story do not directly influence each other. Jeb is first introduced as a side character in "The Jubilee Express" and has a small cameo in "A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle." A heartbroken boy who just wants to visit a girl. As it turns out this girl is Abbie - the main character from the last story. I enjoyed that the stories are not simply random, but that they have a element of familiarity.

All in all, this book offers an almost cheesy reading for the Christmas time. What you really want to do, is huddle up under blankets with a cup of coca in one hand. In the background you can hear quiet Christmas music. The lights are already up, and the sun is about setting. White and fluffy snow is decorating your window sills, and "Let It Snow" is the perfect addition to the scene.


Let It Snow: Three Holiday Romancesby John GreenMaureen Johnson &Lauren Myracle
Published:2008by Speak
Pages: 368
ISBN:978-0142412145

2 comments :

  1. Ah, the Christmas season is over, but this sounds like a cute, mindless read. I'm not a huge John Green fan, but I might just check this one out if I'm looking for a quick read. :) Lovely review, Susanne! <3

    - Aimee @ Aimee, Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. John Green only wrote one of the three stories and, to be honest, if you want to avoid his writing you can skip his story and the book still makes sense :)

      Delete

Copyright © floralcars.